[no subject]

To: [email protected]
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 01:52:14 PDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dave, G3YMC,

Thanks for making me feel welcome at Bracknell. Derek's talk was very
interesting, although like you it is now becoming quite familiar. I am
surprised how much I have learnt just by listening and of course reading the
reflector. It also helps to actually see the hardware, to put it into
perspective.
By the way I heard you for the first time on Monday or Tuesday, sorry I have
lost the note I made at the time. You were about 1 or 2 S-points weaker than
G4GVC. Also yesterday afternoon I heard G3LDO for the first time. What a
strong signal! I thought that John G4GVC was the strongest on the band, but
G3LDO knocks spots off his signal at my location. If I had an S-meter it
would probably have read 20 over 9.
I am still planning to set up a station, but the first thing is the antenna.
My time has been taken up recently building a Howes AT160 kit for my
daughter (17), who has recently taken her novice exam and is about to do the
Morse test.

73s John Sexton G4CNN
[email protected]
http://homepages.infoseek.com/~johnsexton/Home_page.htm