LF: Fri 15th morning activity

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Fri 15th morning activity
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 23:33:25 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I listened and copied Des M0AYF this morning a good 'O' . I noticed that
there was a lot of activity starting about 0405z on 137.07. Signal traces
seen on 136.80, 136.83, and at 0429z 136.69. There was obviously a qso made.
As my loop was angled N-S to favour Des I wonder if this was Christer.
A 'large' signal came up at 0608z on 137.21, and was I think called by a
station about 60Hz lower in frequency, but no qso. The signal moved to 136.9
at 0655z.....then my local rasping noise came up at 0705z. (GMTV??)

I also noticed a weak RTTY signal trace on 137.07/137.18  (110Hz shift??)
that I don't remember seeing before (possibly because I don't often align
the loop this way.) I suspect also that CFH was just visible off the side of
the loop. This is the first time I have seen CFH since the end of August.
Though I have not looked every night, it should be visible by midnight local
time now if it is going to appear at all (local noises permitting).

The GB7DXM Cluster is back on air so hopefully some spots after the weekend.
Good DX and Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]