LF: Philips PM5140 L.F. signal generator.

To: "RSGB LF_Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Philips PM5140 L.F. signal generator.
From: "Des Kostryca" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 21:24:35 -0700
Sender: <[email protected]>
To all on the list,

  I recently attended the Lincoln Hamfest and bought a Philips PM5140 LF
signal generator for the princely sum of five UK pounds. I bought this on
impulse and hardly expected it to work...but it does. So far it has saved me
many hours of testing time and in spite of its age seems to work very well,
and keeps the shack warm too.

However the generator has a number of functions and buttons I am not sure
about. A switched attenuator, 600 Ohm balanced O/P etc. I don't seem to be
able to get the attenuator to work but it may be the way I am using it
(wrongly) so if anyone on the list has one of these generators or has used
one then I would be grateful for a "driving lesson" :-) Better still, if
anyone has a hand book or circuit diagrams etc I would be grateful for
copy(s), all expenses gladly covered.

Re:The slow cw tests I conducted the past two mornings, not very successful
but very informative in respect of my stations current shortcomings.Thanks
to all who took the time to have a look for my (drifting) signals.
All-in-all though its been a very exciting first week on LF. The best fun
since I got my M0* call.

I look forward to working more of you soon.

Regards to all.

Des.

Des Kostryca (M0AYF)  G.Q.R.P. no. 9788
I.A.R.U.  loc.  IO93OJ  W.A.B.  SK89