LF: Crocodile Dundee ...

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Crocodile Dundee ...
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 09:30:15 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello friends,

sorry for those calling me in vain or those wondering abou the bad reports
I suddenly gave. I just detected, that after an insufficient repair-job at
my MV62, that I use as LF receiver, since some weeks I had a faulty
connection in the switch that selects the dBu-range. Any signal below -80
dBu, the sensitivity was reduced by aboot -20 dB. I did realize that signal
levels had dropped but I was unable to explain this, because my reference
station DCF39 was -25 dBu as before.

Despite this reduced sensistivity, I had some nice QSOs and worked a
new-one (OZ8NJ near Copenhagen).  My receiver is back in service and I will
give much better reports again now!

Best regards

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

P.S.: Peter, DF3LP, I heard your RTTY tests but only was partially able to
copy them, this is due to my RTTY program. I have to find the proper
adjustments again. Nest time I hear you I will try my old Hamcomm-modem.