Re: LF: Expedition to Slovakia?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Expedition to Slovakia?
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:50:27
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 14:45 13/10/99 +0200, you wrote:
Hello LowFers,
I begun to dream of an expedition to a new country - Slovakia. Making
use of advantage of no language difficulties I could get permission and
all the necessary things. I would be perhaps OM/OK1FIG/P. It would be
first transmission from OM on 136 kHz, so it could be interesting to
all. The question is: would it be a distance record when having QSO from
estern part of OM to GW/GM or EI? Does anyone know what are the current
records for normal CW and Visual-CW? Would such expedition be worth to
undertake?

73! Petr, OK1FIG

Hello Petr,

As far as I know is the current distance record between OH1TN (KP11OO) and
IK5ZPV (JN53KX) or I5MXX (JN53JU), so 2122km or 2137km (normal CW).
A brief look on the map shows that from the very eastern part of OM to
EI0CF may be just a few km more, the UK is in the range of 1800 to 2000km.
Maybe better would be the very western part of OM, this would give you the
possibility to work much more stations (I'm interested in working OM).

73, Rik  ON7YD