LF: activity 12 october

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: activity 12 october
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:01:28
Sender: <[email protected]>
Little activity last night (compared to monday) but still good DX-conditions.
Heard : IK5ZPV (peaking 569), MM0ALM (peaking 559) and SM6PXJ (peaking 539)
All signals had slow QSB and were going up and down by about 10dB. QRN
level was better than during the weekend but stil rather high.

Remarkable was that during the QSO of MM0ALM with SM6PXJ Christer was only
429 with me while he received a 569 report from MM0ALM. Distance from me to
SM6PXJ (1031km) is very comparable to the distance MM0ALM-SM6PJX (937km).
So this confirms what I noted last winter when several G's / GW / EI were
working OH1TN with good signals while I could hardly copy Reino : the more
north the propagation path the stronger the signals.
Based on that there should be a good chance to cross the atlantic on a path
between GM or EI at the European side and VO at the American side. Distance
is in the 3500km range and the path is very north.

73, Rik  ON7YD

PS : I called all 3 stations but no response :-(

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)