LF: ZL4MD VISIT

To: "lfgroup" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: ZL4MD VISIT
From: "kate moore" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:29:57 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Well, my demonstration of 136kHz for Kevin ZL4MD went very well this time
(Monday evening). Inevitably we were talking a great deal, so concentration
on actually operating was less than optimum and we spent most of the time
just listening. Conditions were excellent and, despite some static, we
heard SM6PXJ, IK5ZPV, PA0SE, MM0ALM and a lot of Gs. I think Kevin was
rather startled by so many countries on at once - obviously that's
impossible
at present in ZL.
As I didn't want to get tangled up in the DX melee, it was fairly late
before I actually transmitted, so many thanks to Dave G3YXM and Peter G3LDO
for providing short, but extremely solid contacts to complete the demo.

        Regards  John G4GVC near Leicester, IO92JP

   **  TX: Synth + 400W RF from modified 'G3YXM' Mosfet PA           **
   **  RX: TS-850S with 3 x CW filters and 0.5ppm TCXO               **
   **  Ant: Inv-L 60m long, 6m high at feed end, 12m high at far end **