LF: HF Convention - 73kHz

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: HF Convention - 73kHz
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 15:21:20 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Firstly may I say how nice it was to meet many of you at Windsor on Saturday,
and I am sure we all gained a lot from it.  We also had most interesting
discussions over dinner and it was nice to discuss experiences with our
continental and USA visitors.

I can report that I heard G0MRF/P on 71.7kHz on Sunday morning 10th. October
between 0645 and 0730z.  Hash from Rugby was horrendous and David's signal was
copyable with difficulty through this, at 379.  Had the noise not been there
the signal would have been perfect copy.  I was unable to detect Peter G3LDO
however during David's QSO with him.  The distance of Beaumont from my QTH
measured directly off the map is 11.25 km, hardly likely to break any records!

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd