LF: Re:First Contact.

To: "RSGB LF_Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re:First Contact.
From: "Des Kostryca" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 13:40:29 -0700
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Folks,

Dick (PA0SE) wrote:
A delightful story Des that I certainly enjoyed very >much!

I hope LF will bring you many contacts and am >looking forward to our first

QSO.

 Thanks for the feedback on my tale of "First contact" with John (G4GVC)
your comments are most encouraging. I look forward to making a few more
qso's with the existing 30Watt set-up and then moving on to make some
station improvements:

Short term....
1) A new bandpass filter (the existing one seems transparent :-)
2) C.W. audio filter.
3) A new loading coil (current model is a special high loss one)
4) A "cleaner" PSU (currently using an unregulated supply for the PA)
5) More copper pipe at the base of the antenna in an attempt to improve my
earth.

Longer term....
6) A 150-300Watt Mosfet P.A. (final O/P power will depend on what PSU
components I can find in my loft)
7) A bigger antenna (but only if the xyl will let me :-)

very long term....
8) A house with a bigger garden!

Alan (G3NYK) wrote...

Hi Des I heard the G4GVC end of your qso, and >found that I could just see

trace maybe 100Hz hf of John in the gaps between >his overs.

Thanks Alan, I have also been told my signals could be heard (559) in
Bracknell by Dave (G3YMC) which is very encouraging. I will always be happy
to receive and respond to any signal reports from fellow lowfers or SWL's so
please do not hesitate to drop me a line or give me a call.

Providing the wind does not blow too hard I plan to keep the antenna up all
next week (from 11/10/99) and work each morning from around 06:00 GMT
(qrn/qrm permitting) so I hope to qso with some of you then.

73's to all.

Des.

Des Kostryca (M0AYF)  G.Q.R.P. no. 9788
I.A.R.U.  loc.  IO93OJ  W.A.B.  SK89