Re: Re: LF: re Toni's comments on the 7030 and filters

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: LF: re Toni's comments on the 7030 and filters
From: "Simon Lloyd-Hughes" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 23:43:28 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
There is a simple circuit in this months Practical Wireless.

At 08:40 30/09/99 +1, you wrote:
Dear Alan,

if I understand well,you are receiving CW by ear, not by Spectrogram.

For receiving CW by ears I found very useful a stereo processor, like that described in
http://hem2.passagen.se/sm0vpo/use/stereo.htm

which allow to "spatially" spread signals (and noise) " in front of you":

lower frequency signals are stronger in the left earphone speaker, and higher frequency in the right one. In this way you can simply concentrate your brain in the signal coming from a certain "virtual direction"

It's interesting with large filters (e.g. 500 Hz), however I never tryied it with narrower filters. It may need some adjustment...

73 Aldo IZ1ANT