LF: DX Cluster GB7DXM 2/3rd Oct.

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: DX Cluster GB7DXM 2/3rd Oct.
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:29:50 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All, Disappointment this weekend I'm afraid. There were no LF postings to
the DX cluster this weekend. I think this coincides with a big Europe-wide
UHF and microwave contest. Certainly the local Cluster was very busy. As
there is a very active local contest group I refrained from posting anything
myself this weekend.

I was 'working' on Saturday, but did hear Mike calling DJ3DF at 0600z and
again at 0626z. Mike worked DJ2LF at 0710z.  and called IK1ODO later, but I
don't think a qso was completed.

On Sunday I logged PA0MLC, G3LDO, and G4GVC, but I was fighting with a noise
source which turned out to be self inflicted (a NiCad charger!) After
removing it and whilst I was making my 2nd cup of coffee in the kitchen
(0845z), my ears pricked up as I heard John G4GVC sending Toni's call
(HB9ASB). By the time I had adjusted the loop another 45degrees to the
south, I was just in time to see a weak line on the waterfall display (in
2.5kHz filter) between John's last two overs, and just too late to switch in
the CW filter and tweek up the ears to see if I could copy Toni. (John gave
him 559). Ah well, maybe next time...
Mike G3XDV was putting in a thundering signal on QRSS and worked DJ5AO at
0955z with an 'M' report. I could not see a trace of the German station. At
1500z Mike worked Geri DK8KW on QRS though by then the lightning crashes
were beginning to build up.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]