LF: Re: Nice to be back

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Nice to be back
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:01:25 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Fired up the LF transmitter on 137kHz for the first time this morning after several months (my time and the mast being required for another project). I had to relearn a few things before I could get reasonable power out. I tried a different loading system but in the end went back to the old system. The Loran was just as bad as before but nevertheless renewed acquaintances with GW4ALG (569), G3XDV(599!), G3YMC(569) and G4GVC(579). I must really comment on Mike's signal. When I had sorted the receiver tuning out I COULDN'T believe seeing the S meter hitting the S9 mark on the keying. There was a time when the G3XDV signal was buried in the Loran hash so the range of antenna improvements have really paid off. Well done Mike.

I checked out the 73kHz loading system and did a test transmission but the 'growler' was on. I will be on 73kHz for part of the HF convention period and will be listening on 136kHz as well as 73kHz.

During a retail therapy session with XYL Erica last week I called in the local radio emporium (GWM Radio) and found (and bought) an interesting bit of kit called Level Meter D2155. Covers 200Hz to 620kHz (made by Siemens). Does anyone know about this? I recollect seeing something on the reflector about it but I cant remember who it was.

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>