Re: LF: growing interest

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: growing interest
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:03:45 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Bob ON4DY asked:

Who is going to tell me why someone all of a sudden is catched by
LowFer, after spending over fifty years of activity on HF, and the
other end of the spectrum up to the 13 cm band . . . .

I suspect that all of caught the LF 'bug' for slightly different
reasons.  But I think it is the challenge of experimenting on a
different part of the radio spectrum - another frontier - that is the
main reason why so many of us have been attracted to this new amateur
band.

It certainly isn't (at the moment) a band for the 'black-box' operator:
most of us have had to build our stations from scratch.  And some of us
even had to re-learn CW!

On several occasions I have found myself having to re-learn and extend
my knowledge of basic radio theory.  The contributors to this LF
reflector have helped significantly in improving my understanding why
some things work, and why others don't.

So welcome to this reflector, Bob.   And thank you for your update from
near Ghent.  You will find lots of information and advice here, should
you need it.

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG
[email protected]