Re: LF: Multiple tuned vertical

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Multiple tuned vertical
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:39:42
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 09:32 21/08/99 -0400, you wrote:
Hello Chris,
A mathematical (and practical) treatment of Multiple Tuning for vertical
antennas can be found in:

   Radio Antenna Engineering
   by Edmund Laport McGraw Hill NY 1952
   pp. 38-43

This book is obviously out of print, but I could send you photocopies of
the relevant pages.
73
Andre' N4ICK
***********************************

Hello André,

I still have to thank you for the article on the meander-antenna you sent me.
If it is not asked too much I would be interested in a copy of the Multiple
Tuning Antenna too.
Please give me your mail address, I will send you some USD as you have
already been spending some stamps on my account.

Regarding the meander-antenna : if you scale all the described antennas to
136kHz you still get 'monster-antennas'. But the fact that they manage to
increase the radiation resistance by a factor up to 20 (compared to an
simple vertical of the same height) is impressive. I would be more than
happy to get my radiation resistance up to some 100 milliohm instead of the
actual 45 millohm.
As soon as 'mowing-seazon' os over (october) I intend to do some tests with
various antennas. I will try to make some arrangements with Dick, PA0SE
(who is living about living about 120km from me and can measure accurate
fiedstrenght) to do some good (far-field) measurements on the different
antennas.

73, Rik  ON7YD

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)