Re: LF: EI0CF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EI0CF
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:53:23
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 18:23 28/07/99 +0100, G3YXM wrote:
I would certainly like to try the "meander" aerial mentioned in technical
topics in the Rad Com this month. It consists of a quarter wave of wire,
grounded at one end, running up and down between a high support line and one
near the ground until the whole length is used up. This "curtain" is then
folded round into a circular form looking like a tall thin bird-cage. A
gamma feed is used at one of the low points near the feed end.
Sadly, I only had 300mtrs of wire with me!
Perhaps next time....

Sound interesting, I think besides me a lot of non-RSGB members in this
reflector would like to get some more info on that antenna.

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)