Re: LF: re:136.150 beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: re:136.150 beacon
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:02:22
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 11:50 25/07/99 +0100, you wrote:
                    BEACON  ON 136.150 KHZ
I have put on air an LF beacon, running  H24, on 136.150 khz. This is of a
temporary nature and the frequency can be shifted to accomodate those who
have a problem with their xtal freq transmitters or who have local
reception problems.
I would very much welcome reception reports on these transmissions, my
callsign, EI0CF, is repeated continuously.
Checking with other LF operators, my transmit power has been increased
from  low power to medium power on this test. Antenna current is  2 amps.
The rig is my normal Mosfet one, running with a much lower voltage. There
are a pair of IRFP450  in the final.
NOTE.  This transmitter uses a vfo, so there will be  a certain amount of
drift, but I have set it up with a freq counter and I will try  to keep the
transmitter running on this declared frequency. Initial drift took it up to
136.156 khz but it seems to remain quite close to  136.150 khz.
Once again, I will be delighted to hear from those who can hear this
transmission and under what circumstances they are receiving it.
Best regards
Finbar          EI0CF     Malin Head.

Hi Finbar,

I will try to copy your baecon tonogh or tomorrow morning and let you know
the results. Maybe it would be interesting to add 2 long dashes (10
seconds, separated about 3 seconds) every 2 or 3 minutes. This would make
the detection of you signal using DSP (Spectogram) much easier for those
outside the audible range of your signal.

As I'm writing to the LF-group I add a short weekend report:

heard (seen) in slow-CW : G3XDV (539), DF3LP (529)
heard in normal CW : G4GVC (549), G3KEV (579), GM3YXM/P (539), PA0SE (589),
DL3FDO (549), G3BDQ (539), OZ1KMR (559), OZ5N (529), G3AQC (529, DF8ZR (429)

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)