LF: re OK1FIG and cluster report

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re OK1FIG and cluster report
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 01:00:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Sorry Petr, I knew you were there because I could copy the German station
working you, but when I scolled back through the DSP display, the trace
where you were transmitting did not 'go on and off' at the right times, and
switching off my VDU screen, whilst still accumulating the waterfall
display, caused the trace to disappear. Indicating that the response was a
Frame harmonic of my VDU.
Do not loose heart, my receive sensitivity is not very good, the operational
G stations have much better chance of hearing you. I bet Finbar is stoking
up the milliwatts for next weekend, because EI to OK must be a good
distance. Keep tweeking the aerial, add a few more FETs to the PA and I'm
sure you will soon generate a noisy (but gentlemanly, of course) pile-up on
136.
73 de Alan G3NYK