LF: weekend report 9-11 july 1999

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: weekend report 9-11 july 1999
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:20:14
Sender: <[email protected]>
The first time since some weeks I had the time to spend some hours in the
shack last weekend. Due to late-night activities (barbeques) I missed the
early morning and so the low-QRN period. But even during the day/evening
these was some activity.

Stations heard :

G3YXM (579), PA0SE (589), DF2PY (589), DJ5BV (569-QRS), HB9ASB (549), G4GVC
(559), G3XTZ (579), IK5ZPV (559), PA0LEP (579, wkd as nr. 49), G3YMC (429,
strong QSB), G3XDV (549).

I can confirm that G3XDV is about 6dB stronger than some weeks ago,
whatever you did Mike it was worth it (and if it is not a new PA I curious
what you changed).
Most puzling was the signal of G3YMC, during his QSO with G3XDV he came all
the sudden 'out of nothing', was 429 here for a few minutes and disapeared
again.
I think this is the 3rd time I noticed this fenomena on his signal.

Congrats to Dick (PA0SE) for his superb article on LF 'radiated power'
measurements. So measuring what you get radiated semms not so difficult
after all.
And thanks to Dave for putting it on the web, I support the suggestion to
make the article and pictures downloadable as 1 ZIP-file.

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)