LF: First QSO on 136 kHz from OK!!!

To: "'137 kHz'" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: First QSO on 136 kHz from OK!!!
From: "OK1FIG" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 08:37:27 +-200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers!

I have made my first QSO's on 136 kHz:
9.7.1999 0940 UTC DJ5BV
10.7.1999 0750 UTC HB9ASB
Both with Slow-CW.

I experienced a lot of troubles because of windy weather during weekend.
Strong wind destroyed my Marconi T-ant for two times. On saturday morning
we had "black-outs" on our cottage as well. I heard
DF2PY and IK5ZPV. I called them for many times but with no success.
I used home made TX of G3YXM's style with output of 50 Watts only.
My antenna wasn't perhaps tuned properly because I had no facility to measure antenna current. I tried only one thing. I put small bulb 6.3V 300 mA to antenna feed. It burned pretty white so I guess antenna current was at least 0.5 A.
Antenna and also grounding system is improved now, take a look at
http://www.mujweb.cz/WWW/OK1FIG/cottage.htm.
After these improvements I experienced also a little cross-modulation
and Loran C interferencies.

Because of changing job I will be perhaps off the reflector. for some time.
I sign-in again ASAP with a new e-mail address.

73! Petr, OK1FIG