LF: RE: Spectrogram

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Spectrogram
From: "M. Sanders" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 01:30:41 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Mike, G3XDV and rsgb_lf_group readers

I have done some testing with the new Spectogram software. I was able to
make a sound recording and test some different settings this morning while
monitoring Mike's solid signal on 137.7kHz. Signals appear to be more than
10 dB over the noise level but still no copy by ear. Please visit my
homepage if you are interested in the recording of the signals and the
spectogram pictures. I have also put pictures on the page from the
Spectogram Windows showing the settings. It is a little hard to put
everything into writing HI :=). Anyone with improved settings or tips please
come forward.

I am working with a MV61 levelmeter (Thanks dear Gerri!!) and a TS850s
receiver as a MF unit connected to an e-field probe as antenna. For
reference I measure the DCF38 power level on 138.82kHZ = -44dBm (s9 +29dB)
Last weak I noticed the power level going up suddenly by 3-4dB with
practically no QSB around midnight local time (22:00utc). Does anyone know
if they double the output during the night or is the increase due to
propagation (skywave adding extra signal)?

Despite relatively low band-noise i heard only a few stations this morning:
DF2PY caling CQ 589.
PA0SE (589) in QSO with G4GVC (569).

My homepage is : http://www.xs4all.nl/~misan/

Best 73's from Michael Sanders, PA3BSH