LF: Spectrogram

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Spectrogram
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:25:49 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Having been initially enthusiastic about the latest version of Spectrogram, I have tried it on several real signals (only tested it on weak carriers before) and I have now gone back to the previous version. The ability to define the colours/shades that relate to signal strength is good but some of the other controls appear to allow much less flexibility.

Has anyone found the best settings yet? The main idiot trap is the averaging control which must be set =much= lower than on the earlier version (for 4s dots, it needs to be about 4 rather than 20) or it will ignore dots and fill in the gaps between dashes. And there seems to be no easy way to adjust the width of the displayed dots/dashes without altering the bandwidth. Am I doing something wrong?

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm