LF: Re: DX Cluster posting 9-11 July at GB7DXM

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: DX Cluster posting 9-11 July at GB7DXM
From: "Graeme Zimmer" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:02:28 +1000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I had assumed when I bought my Hyundai Low Radiation monitor that the
Low-rad
refered to ionising radiation, i.e.X-rays from the faceplate, but it seems
not, the low rad refers to electromagnetic radiation. It is certainly
livable with on 136, whereas the other VGA and SVGS monitors I use,
totally
destroy the band for listening. This might be a help for anyone
contemplating Spectrogram listening.

Alan this is very useful information.........

I am contemplating buying a laptop for Spectrogram use (etc) in the field,
and I would be very grateful if people would let me know of their experience
with laptops, especially which ones are quiet and which ones are noisy on

Also which ones have twelve volt adapters available.....

And for that matter, which ones have truly S.B. compatible sound cards built
in...