LF: 137 kHz RTTY

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 137 kHz RTTY
From: "M. Bruno" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 18:51:21 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

I had the possibility to observe the 137 kHz RTTY signal tonight.
It was loud and clear by ear around 0230z (4:30AM CET). Level about
1 to 3 microV. It faded away between 0300z and 0308z, then reappeared
at 0310z. QRN is quite strong.

Judging from the spectrum it is not an FSK, it seems an MSK (round spectrum). It is very different from the Greek 135.8 kHz signal, which is a 'standard'
75 Bd
encrypted FSK and has a clear mark/space spectrum.

No sign of the AMRAD beacon, unfortunately.

While writing this message it is strong again, at 0316z. If it really is of
USA origin, it's impressive ... but now I return to bed.

73 - Marco IK1ODO

Rivalta, ITALY JN35SA (N 45 01' 25.6", E 7 31' 09.4")