LF: New RX loop for LF

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: New RX loop for LF
From: "DF2PY" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:43:26 +0200
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers !
This is a more practical report for a change after all the math regarding ERP etc. etc. . I finished my rx - loop with a side length of 1.75 meters at a square design and 12 turns ar a length of 1.2 meters.Basically i used an old homemade centerpiece of a spider Quad and inserted broomsticks into it-A real EL Cheapo and EL Speedo design.Drilled holes into the Horizontal bars to hold the wires in place.I resonated it with about 3nF and fine tuning with an air-variable.Matching with an unbal/unbal at the cold end of the loop,i could have run it symmetrical but chose to put ground potential to one side.
From there i run coax into the crystal filter.
otential to one side.
I found the resonance pretty sharp and the minima on the sides are about 30db down.I will try to evaluate the horizontal width for minus 3db for fronts and sides.At the moment i have to turn manually,that means if i get calls from the "wrong side" i may be in a bad position. So far no qso with the new one but hope tmw morning the traditional activity comes up.But in the long run it will be mandatory to rotate it remotely.
At the small given number of stations active we cant miss out on a single one.
Rite now i can hear some T&L approach-which is normal here after a few hot days in a row.

73 to all the friends "down there"
        df2py