LF: Cloth hanger antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Cloth hanger antenna
From: "Toni Baertschi" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:42:03 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
From HB9ASB, JN36pt

With increasing summer QRN I'm less QRV (except for early morning skeds
on weekends) and more outside for new LF antenna tests.  Regarding these
tests I've two questions.

1. I would like to try an inverted "cloth hanger" antenna as an
alternative to the classic T-antenna (mechanical advantage!) Has
somebody already experience with a LF antenna of this kind?

2. I have the means to measure the fieldstrenght (V/m) close to my
antenna (up to 100m away). Is there a reliable method to calculate the
ERP from the fieldstrenght?

73 de Toni