LF: RE: Re: RE: coil wind prob, evolution-1

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: RE: coil wind prob, evolution-1
From: "OK1FIG" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 08:28:21 +-200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Yes, of course. I wound these coils for first experiments and mainly for RX.
Few other aspects of behaviour comply to Gamal's theory.
1.
When I added layers to get to resonance I had to add much more layers than
I expected. The reason is simple. With adding layers the capacity raised
which demanded another inductancy to be added and so on...
2.
The coils have strange behaviour as if they were not in series. Changing the
tap on the tapped coil should result in different angle of inner coil of the
vario to
get tuned again. But they seem to have their separate maxima not to correlated
with each other too much. It correspondens to Gamal suggestion of taking it for coupled band-pass filter.

I do not believe that the coil should be necessarily single layered. I will try
follow Gamal's suggestion for spacing wires and layers with the same distance
as the diameter of wire is. I hope the coils will have much less layers and the strange behavior will disapper.

Not yet QRV but most probably I will listen to normal CW this weekend at the
cottage. I will take special care of first minutes of each hour again. Some further improvement of ant is prepared. I would like to hear also stations from U.K.!

73 Petr OK1FIG