Re: LF: daily avtivity time

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: daily avtivity time
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:25:05 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Dave Sergeant G3YMC wrote:

. . . . it is worth considering a time rather earlier in the day when band
noise is quite a lot lower.  I am on (or at least listening) nearly every day
around 7am local (0600z) and this would be a good time if there were more
activity.

I would agree that I have found early mornings to be very successful.  Although
propagation may not be optimum for serious DX (say, over 600 km), I have no
trouble copying weak signals in the early morning when my local QRM is at a
minimum.  For this reason, I am often on the band from 05:00 - 07:00 UT on
Saturdays and Sundays.

Petr, OK1FIG wrote recently ". . .    The only time worth listening this time
of year seems to be mornings"  which, because of summer QRN/local QRM, sums up
my own feelings exactly.

I would therefore support including an activity time (at least at weekends)
within the period 05:00 to 07:00 UT:     05:30 to 06:30 UT, perhaps?

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG