LF: daily avtivity time

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: daily avtivity time
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 01:07:53 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello friends,

Petr, OK1FIG makes a good point regarding information on activity:

If a newcomer tries to listen to this band here and doesn't have info from

the reflector (or other source) usually gives up thinking that the band
is not alive yet.

I know that there are many hams around that do not have any access to
the internet at all. So if we establish a fixed timeframe for activity
(which
is a good idea), we also need to find other ways to distribute this
information
to allow other's to listen or even to establish crossband contacts.

Some of those people have at least packet access and I find it surprising
how little information on longwave activities is exchanged over that
medium.
(Just for yor info: although the designtaor VLF is not really correct for
the
frequency we use, VLF@EU has been established more or less as an information source on longwave activities in packet).

A talkback frequency, as proposed by Finbar, EI0CF, is also a good medium
to get others that can not transmit yet on LF interested in the band. Look
to the VHF-net on 14.345 kHz for example. You can listen to them for a
while and get some idea about what is possible if you work MS or EME,
for example. As proposed, especially those talkback frequencies could
be published in the radio magazines. I personally volunteer to spread
any new information regarding fixed skeds/activity times, etc. in packet
radio.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)