LF: Re: LFsked times.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LFsked times.
From: "Finbar O'Connor" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:38:35 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Wolf, DF2PY and Mike ZL4OL, have made suggestions regarding sked and
activity times for the LF band. As the amount of signals heard on the band
seem to have dropped quite a bit in more recent times, this idea appears to
be excellent, provided we could get a broadly based agreement as to what
times/activity skeds would suit.
The advantages would seem to be many, particularly.....
1. Knowing the exact times of activity in advance.
2. More likely to hear and be heard by station as opposed to random use
3. Beacon operation could also be tied in to fixed skeds , without stations
   having to transmit for long periods, with little or no results ( I
know).
4. Cross band operation, again with fixed times and fixed HF freq plus or
   minus  qrm.
5. Linked HF talkback freq, depending on season, ie  160 m useless
   during the Summer, as we have found. 80m or 40m seem a better bet,
   but  160m is great during the Winter.

However if we make to many sked times, our efforts will be spead over too
many possible times and will defeat the object. Certainly Saturday mornings
seem popular ( not too early please, I need my sleep, shift work is taking
its toll), and after the evening meal/tv news, say 1900, as suggested.
Should we come to a conclusion on this, maybe the radio magazines could
publish the times/skeds and we might get some more listeners tuning in and
then getting going themselves on LF.

Best regards to all the LF gand  from,
Finbar  EI0CF     Malin Head.