LF: 23.5.99: good condx to Southern Europe (2nd trial)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 23.5.99: good condx to Southern Europe (2nd trial)
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 02:46:21 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello lowfers,

someone mentioned, that around midnight the conditions are sometimes good. Well, since we have a holiday today (Monday), I had the opportunity to check this yesterday night. Right, I had a nice crossband QSO with IK5OVP in JN53KX, 928 km away. His signal was -121 dBm(75) in the peak wich is a couple of dB over the noiselevel. I transmitted on 160m, which is a little bit tricky, as I use my IC-746 and the antenna for 160m as well as for 136 kHz. I have to switch 4 switches from transmit to
receive
and vice versa...

One thing I noticed after the QSO was the good signal strength of the "Greek Beacon" around 135.8 kHz. While this is normally up to
-104 dBm(75), it was up to -92 dBm(75) yesterday night.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

[email protected]
http://www.dk8kw.home.pages.de