LF: weekend on 137 kc

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: weekend on 137 kc
From: "DF2PY" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 07:49:04 +0200
Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
hello Lowfers !
I recently put up a new 32m vertikal antenna with 5 topload wires.Had it tuned by saturday and it seems to be doing ok.I want to have more topload but that has to wait a bit.A curiosity was, that the Rhine river flooded briefly and the water surrounded the base insulator- gave me the best ground ever !
I could see the water approach on the reflectometer. Worked on fast-CW with
HB9DCE,PA0LQ,DJ5BV,I5MXX,DF8ZR,HB9ASB,G3YXM,DJ5DI,G3KEV.In general the morning hours seemed to yield better propagation.
                                                73 de wolf -df2py-
P.S. : i`ll keep my CQs shorter in the future- hi