LF: Re: Weekend report 24/25 April

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Weekend report 24/25 April
From: "ComPact" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:44:08 +1200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike Dennison wrote
The local noise problems are getting worse. I now have two TVs,
several computers and a light dimmer causing me trouble. It is very
rare to be able to listen to the atmospheric noise floor. Several
other LF ops have reported the same.
I have tried the noise cancelling approach but the noise is not
strong enough on the "noise antenna" compared to wanted signals.

As most of this local qrm seems to be borne on the mains wiring has anyone
tried taking a signal directly from the mains rather than from a separate
"noise antenna"?

Mike ZL4OL