Re: LF: Weekend reports 24/25 April

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Weekend reports 24/25 April
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:28:42
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 23:42 26/04/99 PDT, PA3BSH wrote:
By the way long CQ's may be anoying to some, it gave me a fine opportunity
improve my e-field probe changing the set up it at least three times
(including
measurements).
Is there some room on the narrow 136kHz band for a limited (low-ERP) beacon experiment and are there amateurs interested in operating/monitoring such transmitters? (RE: Strong signals and deaf receiver discussion)

My opinion is that any 'beacon' activity should be at a band-edge, to
minimize QRM to others. Since the upper band-edge is already occupied by
slow-CW the lower band-edge may be best (eg. below 136200).
Also if someone is running a 'beacon' or any test transmission it seems
better to me to send 'TEST DE ON7YD' or 'VVV DE ON7YD' instead of CQ.
And if there is any chance to inform the other band-users in advance (via
this reflector or PR) of any beacon activities even more people may benifit
from it.

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)