LF: LF goodsignals - deaf receivers

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF goodsignals - deaf receivers
From: "Cleall Peter" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:34:49 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

It would be nice to set up a detailed scientific investigation, however this
would take a lot of organising and time for the analysis.
But we may get  useful information from a simple exercise.

If on saturday April 17 we all received the DCF39 "beacon" at 1200 UTC and
filled in and E-mailed a simple questionaire as below direct to me at
[email protected] I will do some simple analysis and see if it
reveals anything.

Please send direct to avoid clogging up the reflector.

Data requested for the receive system only

Name:-
Callsign:-
QRA:-
E-Mail:-
Signal level received frrom DCF39 [in S points]
Amount of QSB
Background noise level
Rx Bandwidth setting

Antenna Type      ie L/wire, T , L , vertical , loop or frame (sheilded or
unsheilded)
Antenna Dimensions :-
        Average Height in metres:-
        Length:-
        number and size of wires:-
Earth system type:- ? radials, earth mat, earthing stake, domestic water
pipes etc.
        Length and number of radials
        Surface or subsurface

Is the complete system resonated :-  yes/no
        if yes what method do you use

What receiver is used:-
Do you use any extra RF filtering:- yes/no
Do you use any extra AF filtering:- yes/no
Do you use a switched variable attenuator in the receive path:- yes/no

Do you use a pre-amp or an upconverter to listen:- yes/no

many thanks for your help

73's

peter  G8AFN