LF: Receiving

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Receiving
From: "Petr Maly" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:32:14 +-200
Sender: <[email protected]>
These experiencies give me more hope. Several times I tried to listen to 136
kHz on my IC-751A and long wire (80 meters), heard nothing but noise of various
kind. One suggestion. Few years ago I came across a schematic diagram of
receiver for NAVTEX (I was R/O and  /mm that time). Directly on input of rx
there was a crystal filter on 518 kHz, where NAVTEX transmits. Would it not be
excellent solution to make crystal SSB-wide filter centered on 136.7 kHz and
put it between ant and rx? I know there is only one problem - where to get
crystals around 136 and 137 kHz..., hi

Petr, OK1FIG