LF: Conditions and Loran

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Conditions and Loran
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 19:08:00 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello all,

A friend of mine moved to Jersey some time ago and has taken the odd listen
for me on 136 but never been able to hear anything due to noise from the
Loran transmitter at Lessay which he can see from his bedroom window! Whilst
flicking round his memories on Sunday he heard G4GVC and LX1PD so we tried a
sked and I had a good cross-band QSO. Has anyone else noticed a reduction in
the splatter level from Lessay? It would be good if this is a permanent
reduction as there are a couple of GJ stations who are interested and may
come on if thay can actually hear something!

Regarding band conditions... I was around all weekend and signals seemed
much as usual except for G3KEV who was VERY strong! I heard DF2PY much
weaker than usual and DF0WD was about the same as normal. OH1TN was calling
last night but not very strong here, he was called by PA0AWN but I don't
think a QSO resulted.
I did hear OZ1KMR for the first time on Friday evening but he was in QSO
with (I think) OZ5N and I couldn't raise him.

_137 signal_. I had the misfortune to be up at 05:30 on Saturday morning.
The signal was S9+ and faded down until it was gone by 08:00. Just like
topband stateside signals.

Good luck in Wales Mike. I may be in Scotland early next week but no 73k I'm
afraid, see you on 136!

73, Dave G3YXM. (www.wireless.org.uk)