LF: GW3XDV/P

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: GW3XDV/P
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:03:18 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
As usual, I will be operating from Pembrokeshire in south-west Wales from time to time over the Easter week.

There is no formal schedule of operation but I will make every effort to be active on the morning of Saturday the 10th. I expect to put out a signal before then, possibly Easter Sunday or Monday.

The rig will be the home station running about 300W, VFO controlled. Back-up Tx will be a Ropex FIRST, crystal controlled on 136.5kHz. I am taking two 10m masts and hope to be able to stack them and/or use a cliff as a support.

I can transmit QRSs with a 4s dot period but can only receive by ear (QRQ please!).

Some activity will be on the 73kHz band, especially on the 10th (I will try to transmit on 73 at 1000UTC). Preferred frequency is 71.90kHz and I will definitely transmit using QRSs as well as conventional speed CW. I note that the first Tuesday is the 6th so possible that Rugby will be off on Monday evening. Any reports on this band would be appreciated.

I will not have e-mail after the 1st, but you can leave a message on my mobile phone +44 (0)589 986472.

I return home on the 11th but it will take a few days to get back on the air again.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm