LF: Excellent band condx 29/3

To: "RSGB_LF_GROUP" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Excellent band condx 29/3
From: "Peter Bobek" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:37:34 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

When listening to the signals on LF earlier this afternoon
I was surprised how loud they were (about +10 db above normal)

I left the RX on all evening and almost fell off the chair when I heard
IK1ODO (around 21 UT) as clear as a bell in the speaker. I would have given
him RST 569...579. However, the SPECTROGRAM print is impressive as well.

What happened in the ionosphere yesterday and today?
Is there more to expect tomorrow/this week ?

Gentlemen, check the SCW-Window (137.6-137.8) for "DX"!

BTW: there is a German LF-expedition scheduled for the weekend
of April 10-11th. Big, tall antenna, excellent ground system,
several RXs and RX-aerials. QTH JN40BP. More details to follow
soon...Callsigns: DJ8CY, DJ2LF, DJ8WL (+ XYLs) and most likely
DA0LF again on the air!

Peter/DJ8WL