Re: ULF: EbNaut message transmitted from ground loop

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ULF: EbNaut message transmitted from ground loop
From: Jacek Lipkowski <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 09:55:21 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
On Fri, 12 Apr 2019, DK7FC wrote:

For future tests it would be useful to have a grabber window on your side, showing 1...3 kHz in one spectrogram. It would be just to see how and when the QRN/M starts and when it has its minimum at night. Can you set up something like that?

I can try, but the pc that is doing the rx and the spectrograms already uses almost all of the cpu. Unfortunately i had to switch the clock to 800MHz, because of some problem with cooling.

Maybe i will switch to doing the calculations and storage on another machine, but i will have to think of some reliable way to get the data there, that would survive a wifi dropout.

And what about Marcin? Maybe you can build up a RX site at his QTH. Close to the sea, it may be a bit quieter than in the city(?). And if he has a garden, there may be a place with a clean ground...

Marcin SQ2BXI lives in the city too, also in a 4-story building, and also has a noisy location. We already had a wideband grabber there, and the S/N wasn't great. But it's a good idea to have a grabber there anyway, the more the better.

I also want to try another location about 40km from Warsaw with two crossed loops (e-field won't work there because it's in the forest). Maybe that will be better.

VY 73

Jacek / SQ5BPF