Re: LF/VLF: QRO in portable experiments by using LiFePo4 accus from Chin

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF/VLF: QRO in portable experiments by using LiFePo4 accus from China?
From: Wolfgang Büscher <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 20:26:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

On 19.03.2019 10:29, DK7FC wrote:
Hello Wolfgang,

Hmm, where do you find the quote "recycled bicycle" on that site?

Near the top of the page, in the line where you can select categories:

Home> Sports & Outdoors> Cycling> Electric Bicycle Part> Electric Bicycle Battery> Product detail

Somewhere further below it says

   Item specifics

 * Voltage: 12V
 * Type: Lithium Battery
 * Capacity: > 40Ah

<

Thus recycled, obviously. Any "Lithium Battery" can be anything - even a primary cell (we use 36 Ah Lithium cells at the QRL for backing up certain sensors, such a shame they are not rechargable).

Sounds to me it the battery originally had 100 Ah, and has 40 Ah left now - good enough for many applications but not for use in vehicles. And sure, their category "bicycle" must be taken with a grain of salt (or several kilograms..). To me, it looks like a car battery. Anyway, worth a try if there are really 40 amp-hours left.

73,
 Wolf .