Re: Not LF: Opera via QO-100

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Not LF: Opera via QO-100
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 16:51:06 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=aol.com; s=a2048; t=1551631869; bh=ZmjQqiWjJm33OfaAYl+X3LgvN4sUKODLFH3dsLNjsUo=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=Krfp9QKeD4tBGZBjGSU9kmr2G0PodAUwVMvY/Y3EEaeqH4b5a3BjVyg69z/lfzBymbgcRrkNXGm+//Os+p/lp3GZfwxNgGF+e20JtMVHl/zWBqU/AK1hNe4nPtfxrn3MvNovqJmgqOnqWxn1ImA3oDKLOyXWMTd1T2PxVGQa7eeMRWY7sFrLxfblK+2JFkNaftd3+Ugrc03efaWpNZ5m/wVgy4iU3UaFLr6u2s1U+VPuYdxTY24LitqWWwFCWHEUiXcL3bkpjdTdNYwjYLKj5vv3z3zWCJCQsldY1wIwyxNLS3Hzj4TRzSk3LZBJuq7YDnqKX/ygJw0XtKRNRfi88g==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal,

my 2.4 GHz TX is fairly improvised and may not be easy to reproduce... I've extracted the LO from an old Sat-TV receiver, followed by a small Minicircuit amplifier and a 60 cm dish indoors. The PLL consists of the 1/64 prescaler output fed to a CD4030 XOR phase comparator, along with a 18.75082 MHz Rubidium-controlled reference.

There are surely much better ways to generate a decent 13 cm signal. PA1SDB mentioned that he uses an Adalm-Pluto SDR from Analog Devices.

You might be able to pick us up on the web-sdr, using 10489603.5 kHz USB dial, and Opera SW set to Op-05 speed by selecting e.g. the 1296 MHz band. Yes we could try a crossband contact, but not today. To count as a valid QSO, we'd probably also need to set up our own receivers, both for 10.5 GHz and 472 kHz.

Best 73,
Markus