R: Re: R: RE: LF: JT9-10 vs JT9-5 test ends with smoke :)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: Re: R: RE: LF: JT9-10 vs JT9-5 test ends with smoke :)
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 14:30:57 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

will send you some pictures in a private mail (blackshhep doesn't allow heavy attachments) spreaded in some years of LF fun (for LF of course I mean the EA5DOM definition hi).

Hope to see soon you new coil in action Paul! My opinion is that you haven't to blame SS hardware itself but the not properly tight connections or may be a missing washer that can make a not tight connection a loose connection. I agree that SS has not the best conducibility in comparison to brass or copper but it is very nice if you can forget oxydation in the years. Maybe with the last LF (again the adapted meaning not low frequency) could suggest to check if all is stil tight after one or 2 weeks of service.

73, Marco IK1HSS