LF: SlowJT9 frequency limits

To: Andy - KU4XR <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: SlowJT9 frequency limits
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 10:37:25 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Andy,

the current upper frequency limits are 1400Hz for JT9-1 and JT9-2 and 840Hz for
JT9-5.
The limits for JT9-1 and JT9-2 were set just to avoid unintentional  JT9
transmissions in the WSPR band (for 474.2kHz or 136.0kHz dial).
The JT9-5 limit os due to the resampling in combination with the 5kHz upper
limit of the JT9 decoder.
Meanwhile I learned that on 136kHz several stations use a lower dial frequency
to avoid the DCF39 QRM, so I intend to lift the current upper frequency limit
of JT9-1 (will be 5000Hz then) and JT9-2 (will be 2250Hz due to the resampling)
in the next release of SlowJT9.
Together with Markus, DF6NM, and Wolf, DL4YHF, I will try to find a way to
allow higher frequencies (above 840 Hz) for JT9-5 and JT9-10 as well.
At this moment the lower frequency limit is 400Hz, but that will be lifted too.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T