LF: EbNaut Tx and PTT function (Wish list)

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: EbNaut Tx and PTT function (Wish list)
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 07:57:03 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hi EbNaut

I'm using Ebnaut Sender V0.8 for windows to send the messages. It uses the DTR+DSR lines in a COM port
to key the BPSK modulation in the PA

So far, so good. But what about the carrier control (PTT) ?. The software do not control this and I must be
aware to turn the transmitter ON before message starts and turn it OFF when finished. This is even more
complicated if you plan repeated transmissions overnight and not left the transmitter permanently ON
between messages, blocking the channel to other users

Before paralleling another tool to schedule the PTT I wonder if Paul may implement this. May be using a
different COM for the PTT or just adding an option to use DTR for BPSK and RTS for PTT in the same COM

I asked a friend to have a look to the source code and modify it, but seems there are libraries not provided
to compile it for windows

Any comments wellcome. May be I'm missing an easier way to do this

73 de Luis
EA5DOM