LF: Re: [rsgb-lf-group] 475kHz Activity periods

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: [rsgb-lf-group] 475kHz Activity periods
From: David Bowman <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 22:29:28 +0000
Cc: [email protected]
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=pFc7QTumSHy19cYXdfuaIkTQaPfUI+vdO5iPEOQ4ZvA=; b=ftdEmTmAiaKxyfE4CPhcwdMg7x5N5d0WeU15foo/9ndR7jidY++DacH3M+eoeoI3AR Kal2MeWIP3DwHS1ubpMVaa9ezpzH9f2YQRIzj60oUEx/XVfBw57DtntSwDxNHNmABq8r Jdkk5x3VQnoea4YZpfCmKtE90b3wfeZO40bBShgHe+GAFjB0M4Ge0pt122GC73Ozw2fw lwjWnlKl/F53Yi5gJHvS+x0qOogoXPL1J9K4pzsZ/vJftpgS5aMgtM9G/xKfgbrxoak3 9qCJVE769Jn4LQKPxPI88cC7hTbVtuDq+7nzGMv7HI0ir3KuRGYaljVzIuoFHZ8WVPPj cw4A==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul.
I have been looking at wspr reports from your station and using those to decide when / if to switch to JT9
If I see reports about -22, then it's certainly worth a try.
The other evening's peak was around 01.30 UTC and my wspr signal was -18 with you.  A few random CQ calls in JT9 produced
a reply from Eric, But 20 minutes later the band faded out for this part of Europe
As for late nights.....I set the alarm on my phone for odd hours and quickly check conditions on a tablet. Works fine as long as I don't have an early start the next day.!
Makes a change for me to wake the Greyhounds rather than the other way around :)

We'll make it. Just a question of the right night.

Regards   David  G0MRF
IZ3QQG 171218.PNG