Re: LF: AW: WSPR-15 weekend

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: AW: WSPR-15 weekend
From: Greg Fismer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 21:34:09 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,
Yes, I‘m new to the LF group. I started listening to MF/LF last winter and
joined the group a couple of weeks ago. At the moment I use the Mini-Whip for
listening, it is installed high up directly under a  roof without isolation.
The RX/TX is a Marine radio mfg. ca. 1995 by Skanti from Denmark, Model
TRP825xMF, 250W Max. Output on MF with an automatic ATU. But I haven‘t yet
managed to get up a half decent TX antenna for MF. For HF I use a 2-Element
Yagi and a 20m long Endfed wire. I own a few of these old Skanti radios and use
them regularly on the HF bands, mainly for CW, but only one radio has the MF
PA-Filters installed. The town here is called Rimbach, Loc. JN49jo, and I live
right in the Center of it, so it‘s not the worlds quietest QTH, but not that
bad either. Space for long antennas is limited, the house itself is big but the
estate is small. I‘m open to experimenting, but I must confess that I‘m not the
worlds most technical guy, having studied Life Sciences (Pharmacy) in
Heidelberg and making my living by selling legal drugs (=Pharmacist)

73 de Greg DF2IC

G. Fismer, Staatsstr.35, D-64668 Rimbach
Tel.: +49 (0)152 5636 1318