Re: [Lowfer] LF: Re: FET change, hmmm

To: [email protected], "Discussion of the Lowfer (US, European, & UK) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Lowfer] LF: Re: FET change, hmmm
From: DAVE PICK <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:50:45 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=virginmedia.com; s=meg.feb2017; t=1543589445; bh=7CwgZVemTXuWffDN664X0oB290EKfrn/4yqmwXeiB3c=; h=Date:From:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject; b=JwgBuR8c15zfXzNIxkTINqSoF7TaH1VHcfrcQ1A1/H1jHVh6iTP06sp8pDCG781QL MJqvbfwcdXI69G9t578ovtjSABBWHR3NO9A+XHnOnQo0HuZzCNnnaArcG6DDOpVktE lUa+SsuxwWNxR1rlFdchZrNPeyPyrTVZUXLkyy8k1LXpiLVuMQSEm+EEAJaR0LmmQJ /GkRU6uAGsTlT5gGzUoZo66rKpYR9+NDYps3tRaCxjfcrh3bg2hrEAQ4SaUANSjfb3 Z8t/TIqG7z4lKxGdUWwIIQzVr4ekWkU2bb3Hgb/FcwEgZKae3LDwtONBOIv1auLpxi dbjOqvoIqe2/g==
Sender: [email protected]
Paul

If you look at the spec sheets most of these FETs have a large input (gate) capacitance. Some are more than 5000pF.
This is taking the clean edges off your drive waveform.
The FQA34N20 was only 2450pF, so a good choice.
The IRFP260 is at 4000pF, mid way. Seems you have to spend serious money to get the low-capacitance FETs!

Dave