LF: Re: ANTENNAS

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: ANTENNAS
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 01:39:35 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Laurence
This is what I have found at my QTH.   It stands to reason that the capture area of a small loop is no match for an array of resonant wires at 100ft in my case spread over about 5 acres of open countryside.

Some commercial radio stations years ago that used Rhombics changed to compact  monopole arrays with suitable amplifiers and distribution networks but they did not achieve the same results as the simple Rhombic antennas. The Rhombics had far more signal capture area. Weak signals that were audible on the Rhombics were inaudible or way down in strength on the Monopole system. The monopole antenna is compact like the loop and is satisfactory when signals are medium to strong.

73 mal/g3kev

Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2018 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: LF: ANTENNAS

im really suprised on that large differential Mal - im presuming all your other wire antenna were grounded/non resonate during these tests? I would expect a dB either way dependant on your local noise or signal angle - but S points difference?

happy thanksgiving!

Laurence KL7L/AM Mid Pacific