Re: LF: 1476 kHz AM

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 1476 kHz AM
From: Marcus PY3CRX PY2PLL <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 10:41:27 -0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus ...

Yes, I'll try next days assuming that the TX will be on using 1Kz on/off pattern or even with regular modulation relay as explained before.

But don't worry abt a paralell harness to help me verify frequency. I can run for some calibration periods another ARGO using one european KiWi SDR versus the swinging one.

Tonight at the last capture saw this varying signal fading out and a "big" change in frequency so I used a couple of european receivers to plot: Artic KiWi SDR and one from Greece. At the greek one this signal was strong enough to listen to AM TX. Seems a BC stn from Egipt.

When I wrote yesterday about Vietnam SDR etc I was only trying to see the coverage área for such BC at that present time and figure If I can count on it as a signature reference.

Now the propagation from SW Brazil to Europe: I detect here MW BC carriers at the SDR's spectrum analyzers / whaterfalls on a daily basis. But demodulating information is another subject :D. It's easier to receive some LW at 171, 189, 243 and 252 than MW here.

But the MW carriers are always there (our freq plan is one channel each 10K so ITU Reg 1 & 3 appears between them). At QRSS 30/60/120 we can really expect to dig some signals from the noise.

And to figure how unpredictable this path can be, I already detected DCF77 twice, DCF39 once or twice etc. I know they are VLF signals, another behaviour. But to detect this carrier - again - I'll need to keep this setup for days or even weeks. Like I did to recover LW NDB from South Africa, or Navtex from Easter Islands, etc.

On the other side our clgs LU and CX was already decoded / detected at 630m WSPR / QRSS at Europe/USA. Looks like the VHF transequatorial propagation =:D.

Lets see if the 1476K 1W EIRP (??) can show up agn.

Thanks for the support.

73
Marcus
PY2PLL + PY3CRX