RE: LF: LF EbNaut transmission anouncement

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: LF EbNaut transmission anouncement
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 09:28:26 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Stefan, EbNaut

Yes, the message was “DOM”. Pretty predictable, I’m afraid ;-)

>> We need about 4 dB more S/N, i.e. a lower noise or 0.3 W TX power :-)

Amazing anyway!

I have a class D PA almost ready but minimum power I can get is 24W @12V. I can try it at 5V but probably excess 1W

Maybe “too much” power for EbNaut in the EA<>DL path

Difficult concept here. There is NEVER too much power, isn’t it ? ;-)

I wonder if there is a way to determine the gain of the antenna and finally the radiated power using this EbNaut measurements

All I know here is the Vrms and the impedance of the antenna. My Rx at 7Km can provide a more stable S/N level

independent from ionosferic changes but again this are relative to noise measurements and  should be calibrated

Maybe Paul can measure it and then we can determine the radiated power and consequently the antenna gain ?

73 de Luis

EA5DOM